IEEE COMPEL 2002
8th IEEE Workshop on COMputers in Power
General Tourism Information
Travel to Puerto Rico is governed by the laws of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service. When traveling to Puerto Rico you need to meet the same requirements and do the same paperwork that you do for any state in the United States of America. Please consult the US Embasy in your country and make the neccessary arrangements ahead of time.
Getting to Mayaguez
You can get from anywhere in the world (almost) to San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport . You can choose to drive from San Juan to Mayaguez it is a 2.5 hour drive depending on traffic conditions or you can fly to Mayaguez Eugenio Maria de Hostos Airport using American Eagle from San Juan (30 min flight). There are three flights daily from San Juan to Mayaguez. Mayaguez airport has car rental services provided by Avis, Hertz, Budget, and Thrifty.
To get the corporate rate please inform the reservations people that you are attending an official activity at the University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus
- Rincon Beach Resort (~10 miles, need a car)
- Mayaguez Resort and Casino (~ 2 miles, need a car)
- Holiday Inn Mayaguez (~3 miles, need a car)
- Mayaguez Plaza Hotel (~1.5 mile, can walk to campus)
- Hotel El Sol (~1.5 miles, can walk to campus)
- Hotel Colonial (~1.5 miles, can walk to campus)
- Hotel Colegial (Former UPRM Dorms) Nice and Cheap.
Building 32 on the campus map