- "CRISP Type 2: Interdependent Electric and Cloud Services for
Sustainable, Reliable, and Open Smart Grids." National Science Foundation (NSF), 2015-2018. $1,500,000
- “An Infrastructure for Wide-Area Large Scale Automated Information Processing” National Science Foundation (NSF), 2004-2009. $1,499,012
- “Digital Publishing Research Program” Hewlett-Packard 2004-2005, $450,000
- ” Enhancing High Performance Computing Research and Education at UPRM” Hewlett-Packard 2003-2004, $151,872
- “U.S.-Chile Workshop and Panning Visit: Towards Collaborative Research Activities between the University of Puerto Rico and the University of Chile” National Science Foundation (NSF), 2006-2007; $20,000.00
- “Utilizing High-Performance Computing to Investigate Performance and Sensitivity of an Inversion Model for Hyper-spectral Remote Sensing o Shallow Coral Ecosystems” NASA PRSGC/IDEAS-ER, $29,940. 2005-2006
- D. Rosa de Jesus, J. Cuevas, W. Rivera and S. Crivelli (2018). Capsule Networks for Protein Structure Classification. IEEE/ACM Supercomputing 2018.
- D. Rosa de Jesus and W. Rivera (2018). Application of Evolutionary Algorithms for Load Forecasting in Smart Grids. 14th International Conference on Foundations of Computer Science, Las Vegas, USA
- W. Rivera and F. Andrade (2018). A Security Framework for Smart Grids. 17th International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government, Las Vegas, USA
- D. Rosa de Jesus and W. Rivera (2018). Multi-Objective Optimization in Smart Grids. IEEE Clemson University Power Systems Conference.
- D. Rosa de Jesus and W. Rivera (2018). A Multiagent Simulation Approach to Transactive Energy Market Strategies. IEEE Clemson University Power Systems Conference.
- L. Morell, R. Buxeda, U. Cikierman, W. Rivera, E. Vendrell, and H. Sjursen (2018). A Developmental Framework for Teaching Expertise for Engineering and Related Disciplines. WEEF-GEDC 2018, Albuquerque, NM, November 12-16, 2018
- W. Rivera (Ed.) Sustainable Cloud and Energy Services: Principles and Practice. Springer Publishing, September 2017.
- A. Sanchez and W. Rivera. Big Data Analysis and Visualization in Smart Grids. IEEE
Big Data Congress. 2017.
- W. Rivera and M. Rodriguez-Martinez. Towards Cloud Services in Smart Power
Grids. IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference. 2016.
- M. RodriguezMartinez, E. O'NeilCarrillo, M. Perez, F. Andrade, W. Rivera, A. IrizarryRivera, R. Ridriguez, C. Ortiz, and E. Lugo, A Case for Open Access Smart Grids (OASIS), IEEE SusTech 2016.
- W. Rivera. How to introduce parallelism into Programming Languages Courses. NSF/TCPP Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing Education (EduPar-13)
- J. Sanabria, W. Rivera, D. Rodriguez, Yuji Yunes, Gail Ross, and Cesar Sandoval. A Sensor Grid Framework for Acoustic Surveillance Applications. Proceedings of the International Conference on Networked Computers (INC09), pp. 31-38.
- Z. Wang, Y. Chen, D. Gmach, S. Singhal, B. J. Watson, W. Rivera, X. Zhu, and C. D. Hyser, AppRAISE: Application level performance in virtualized server environments. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 6(4): 240-254, 2009.
- J. Sanabria, W. Rivera, and D. Rodriguez. A High Throughput Cloud Computing Framework. Proceedings of the International Conference on Grid Computing and Applications (GCA09), pp.195-199.
- D. Arias, J. Sanabria, and W. Rivera. A Grid based weather data radar retrieval and processing framework. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2007.
- Y. Qian. K. Lu, D. Rodriguez, W. Rivera, M. Rodriguez, A Cross-layer Design Framework for Wireless Sensor Networks with Environmental Monitoring Applications. Journal of Communication Software and Systems, 2007.
- D. Arias, J. Sanabria and W. Rivera. Grid Based Pervasive Distributed Storage. IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing (ISWPC), 2007.
- M. Velez-Reyes, W. Rivera-Gallego, and L. O. Jimenez-Rodriguez, A solutionware for hyperspectral imaging and analysis. Chapter Book in High Performance Computing in Remote Sensing. Editor(s) - Antonio J Plaza, Chein-I Chang, Chapman and Hall/CR, 2007.
- D. Arias, M. Mendoza, F. Cintron, K. Cruz, and W. Rivera. Grid Portal Development for Sensing Data Retrieval and Processing. IEEE/ACM Second International Workshop on Grid Computing Environments (GCE06), Supercomputing 2006.
- T. Kielmann and W. Rivera Editorial: Special Issue on Adaptive Grid Middleware. Concurrency & Computation: Practice & Experience, Vol. 18, No. 13, 2006.
- D. Arias and W. Rivera. Using Grid Computing to Enable Distributed Radar Data Retrieval and Processing. IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT), 2006.
- C. Gerardino, Y. Rivera, J. Goodman, and W. Rivera. Parallel Implementation of an Inversion Model for Hyperspectral Remote Sensing. 49th IEEE Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), 2006.
- W. Lozano and W. Rivera. An Adaptive Quality of Service Based Scheduling Algorithm for Wide Area Large Scale Problems. IEEE International Conference on Network Computing and Applications, 2006.
- G. Chaparro, N.G. Santiago, W. Rivera, and J.F. Vega. Petri net workflow modeling for digital publishing measuring quantitative attributes. IEEE International Symposium on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC'06), 2006.
- K. Cruz, J. Sanabria, F. Cintron, and W. Rivera. The PDCLab Grid Testbed at UPRM. Fourth LACCEI International Latin American and Caribbean Conference for Engineering and Technology (LACCET'2006), 2006.
- C. Carvajal-Jimenez, W. Lugo-Beauchamp, K. Cruz, and W. Rivera. Grid-HSI: Using Grid Computing to Enable Hyperspectral Imaging Analysis. Proc. Third IASTED International Conference on Communications, Internet, and Information Technology, p. 583-588, 2004.
- W. Rivera, C. Carvajal, and W. Lugo, A Service Oriented Architecture Grid Based Environment for Hyperspectral Imaging Analysis. International Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 11 No. 4, p. 104-111, 2005.
- W. Lugo-Beauchamp, C. Carvajal-Jimenez and W. Rivera. Performance of Hyperspectral Imaging Algorithms on IA-64. Proc. IASTED International Conference on Circuits, Signals, and Systems, p. 327-332, 2004.
- F. Perez and W.Rivera. An object-oriented framework for computational fluid dynamic simulations. Proc. International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Technology and Applications, 2003.
- W. Rivera, Stability analysis of numerical boundary conditions in domain decomposition algorithms. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, 137: 375-385, 2003.
- W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, An efficient parallel algorithm with application to computational fluid dynamics. Journal of Computers & Mathematics with Applications, 45: 165-188, 2003.
- W. Rivera. CompuGe: A computational geometry learning environment.? Proc. IASTED International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education (CATE2003).
- W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston. An efficient parallel algorithm for solving unsteady nonlinear equations. Proc. International Conference on Parallel Processing, IEEE Computer Society, 2001, pp. 79-84.
- W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston, An efficient parallel algorithm for solving unsteady equations. Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics: Practice and Theory, P. Wilders, A. Ecer, J. Periaux, N. Satofuka, and P. Fox Eds. 293 - 300, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2002.
- W. Rivera, J. Zhu, and D. Huddleston. Parallel performance investigation of a domain decomposition algorithm. Proc. Tenth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, ?SIAM Portsmouth, Virginia, 2001.
- W. Rivera, Scalable parallel genetic algorithms. Artificial Intelligence Review, 16(2): 153-168, 2001.